Saturday, June 18, 2011

Friends Forever!!!


I recently visited my brother’s college as his final year got over he asked me to come over. Moreover I wanted to experience the thrill of final year getting over.
I reached there on 10th June early in the morning making my way through the narrow lanes of Gunupur (somewhere in Orissa), the place where my brother stays or should I say he used to stay. Life moves really fast, faster than you can imagine. It feels like it’s just the start of the college when you realize that it’s already over. It’s amusing isn’t it?
So where was I? Ya I just reached his college and what I saw was really amazing. I was dumbstruck there when I heard someone calling me from the other side of the road. It was my brother standing at the gate of his college, Gandhi Institute of Engineering & Technology.
The whole college was surrounded by beautiful natural sceneries. There were trees & hills all over the place. It was a perfect holiday site. What a beauty? I reflected. I crossed the road finally, greeted my brother and made my way inside his college when it struck me. What this college was doing in the middle of nowhere? I mean this place is perfect for vacation, how anyone can spend his four years of life here? No market, no hangout place all you can see with your naked eye is just hills all over the place. It must have been tough.
Here let’s fast forward our tape a little, 12th June was the date that I remember. I was waiting at the Gunupur new bus stand. Everyone was leaving so I came along with my brother to bid them a final goodbye. I looked around, everyone’s eye were moist. They all were happy that yes they’ve finally made it. They were engineers now. This was the time they’ve always waited for. There was no looking back now. No more backs, no more semester exams nothing. Their eyes said it all but they looked sad. Although they promised each other that they will meet each other, they will be in touch forever and ever but deep within their heart they all knew that this was not possible. Life after college is a mess. You don’t get enough for yourself, how you will manage to get some time for friends?
Being an engineering student myself I understood what they all were going through. All the fights that they had, those close cricket matches, those birthday parties, the boozing sessions, the night outs, group discussions everything they will miss out. Now there won’t be anyone by their side to guide them, no one to correct them when they went wrong, and no one who will lend their shoulder for you to cry on. This is what we call life. As the clock ticked nine, the driver started the ignition, the conductor signaled that it was their time to say final goodbye to each other. Everyone started hugging each other and started crying like a little baby. They kept saying “I will miss you buddy”. Photos were clicked, diaries were filled and all those moments spent together were recorded in their head that will be there with them till their last breath.
This is life, it moves faster than you can imagine. And life after college is a mess. You have more responsibilities towards your own life, your family expects even more now. You don’t have a second chance here; if you failed in something then you come crashing down in just one shot. And there is only one thing that keeps circulating in your head – how to make more money? You lose contact with your friends. You hardly go out with anyone. You get married; soon you are the father of two kids. You become busier than ever and slowly slowly you get lost in your own world so much that you forget that there is a life out there waiting for you. But you are way too busy to notice this and you turn into a grumpy old man who keeps shouting on people out of his own frustration and finally the ring bells and you are on your own death bed.
So here is something that I would like to say before concluding this, life is for once. Live the moments whether they are good or bad, make friends, hang out, keep partying but always stay focused to what you want to achieve in your life. It shouldn’t be like if you are doing something then you are totally engrossed in that work so much that you forget that you have your own life. Enjoy all the moments and be happy even when you are in a complete mess. The one who succeeds in doing all this is the one who lives his life to the fullest.

Best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment